We look forward to serving as part of your medical team. Before your appointment at the clinic, there are several things you can do to make your appointment with us optimally productive.
1. Log in to the Patient Portal to enter information directly into your electronic health record. If you are a new patient or your information has changed since your last visit, you will need to complete this step prior to your appointment date. Click on the “Using the Portal” tab above to view detailed instructions on logging in and completing the forms.
2. Verify your insurance benefits. It is very important that you understand your benefit coverage. Because everyone’s insurance is different, we ask that you call your insurance company before your first appointment so that you fully understand your financial responsibility. Please note, we are out of network for CHI plans.
3. At your first visit, bring with you:
a. A photo ID
b. Your insurance card/s
c. A pair of shoes you wear frequently if you are experiencing foot pain
d. Any orthotics or custom devices that have been made for you
4. Arrive 15 minutes prior to your first appointment to allow the staff time to copy your ID and insurance cards and to verify your information.
5. We request 24 hours cancellation notice if you are unable to keep your
appointment. You can delete and/or request an appointment via the Patient Portal.
For Minors: Please note, the age of majority in Nebraska is 19. If the person scheduled for the visit is not legally able to give consent for treatment, a parent or legal guardian will need to be present for the initial visit. After the initial visit, a 16-18 year-old can be seen for follow up appointments without a legal guardian if a pre-authorization form has been completed. The Pre-authorization to Treat Minors Consent Form can be found by clicking here.
Thank you. We look forward to working together to get your feet back to optimal health.